Two of my favourite things! Plants and crochet!
Bobbiny cord (or any chunky yarn)
Size 8 hook
- magic circle
- 10 double crochet in the circle (10)
- 2 double crochet in each stitch (20)
- 1 double crochet, 2 double crochet - repeat (30)
This makes up the bottom of the planter
- Make the edge fold by using the back loops only for this round.
Insert the hook into the back loop of the next stitch and also the loop just behind that one.
This can be tricky but worth it I promise
Repeat with each stitch (30)
- Using both loops as normal again, double in each (30)
- Continue row 6 until the height covers your plant pot, for mine it was 7 rows in total
- Final row - slip stitch in each, this gives a nice side effect for the top row as you can see in the photo.
Fasten off and marvel at your creation and beautiful plant together
When watering remove from the crochet planter.
Here's a mini tutorial on my you tube page for a magic circle.