A fun creative project using up some yarn stash and recyling driftwood or a chunky garden branch.
It takes no time at all to work up the tassels.
- All you need is a strip of cardboard, this will be the length of the tassel.
- Keep wrapping your yarn around until it's as chunky as you would like them to be, keep a count though so you make them all the same.
- Use a long length of yarn to tie the yarn together, do this by slipping the yarn through the middle of the wrapped yarn, tie tightly.
- Snip the other end of the yarn that's wrapped around the cardboard.
- Use a small length of yarn just underneath the other tie you have made to tie around all the yarn, pull tight and tie a few knots to secure.
The wall art is made by simply tying the tassels around the driftwood or branch.
You can create different hanging designs, I made a chevron for this and used some sharp scissors to cut the tassels into a chevron shape once tied up.
Simple add some twine and hang with pride.
There are two reels available on my instagram account here showing both of the processes.