I love this pear cake recipe.
It's quick, simple and delicious - perfect with a cuppa!
Pear & Ginger Cake
225g Caster Sugar
185g All Purpose Flour
1 and 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Ginger
2-3 Pears (peeled, cubed and 6 thin slices for the top)
For the Topping
15g Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
I used a 8" square pan, lined with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 160
1. Beat the eggs and sugar together until you have a very pale and creamy texture.
2. Heat the the milk and butter until the butter is completely melted and the mixture has just started to bubble at the edges. Slowly add to the egg mixture and mix well.
3. Sift the flour, ground ginger and baking powder over the mixture and fold in until just combined with no remaining lumps.
4. Carefully fold in the pear chunks to the mixture and then pour into the prepared pan.|
Arrange the pear slices evenly over the top of the cake.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. When the cake is removed from the oven, sprinkle with the ground ginger caster sugar and leave to cool.
Serve with a good hot cuppa and enjoy the moment of your home baked cake.